Thursday, June 11, 2015

SARAWAK

SHOPPING SPREE

I could not resist buying when I traveled out station.  In Kuching there are plenty shopping centers just to mention a few such as Plaza Merdeka and Sarawak Plaza. 

http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my


Kuching Waterfront Bazaar is located along the river esplanade since Kuching is a riverine city.   Along this esplanade you can find food stalls, souvenir shops, fabrics outlets and others.


Visiting Kuching is incompleted if you did not come to the famous border market Pasar Serikin.  Why border market because of it's near to the  Indonesia border.   Both produce of Indonesia and Sarawak are sold here.  All sort of items are available here such as textiles, handicrafts,vegetables food and the well known rattan mat.

Pasar Serikin is 80 km from Kuching.  It's take about 1 hr if travel by automobile.


Sarawak vase is well known item.  For packaging, no problem, the seller will wrap  accordingly to air freight terms and conditions.


I decided to take a river cruise along the Kuching esplanade.  This to give a body therapy after  the bumpy journey from Pasar Serikin.  My next destination was the crocodile farm.


Local residents enjoy a discounted entrance fee.


Ada berani bikin ini macam? in English translation you dare to do this?

Thank you for reading my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment