Monday, June 22, 2015

My habitual visit to the next of kin in Teluk Muroh, Lumut, Perak.

A Malay Custom.


It is a normal practice in  a Malay society to bring a newly wed couple to visit their older next of kin.  This is a symbol of respect to the elders beside to established a more formidable relationship.  Some time ago I brought my son and his bride to my cousin house in Teluk Muroh, Lumut, Perak.  Coincidently it lie opposite to the Marina Island Pangkor Resort and Hotel.  This three star resort is the latest attraction to the tourist Island of Pangkor in Perak, Malaysia.

Teluk Muroh is a fishing village.  It is 103 km from my house and about 237 km driving distance from Kuala Lumpur.  About 3 km from Teluk Muroh situated a very popular sandy seaside particularly in Perak and generally in Malaysia, known as Teluk Batik.  Teluk Batik offers camping site, chalet for rent, sea sports activities, souvenir shops, food courts and recreational park.


My son taking the matrimony oath.  It is a common ritual in Muslim nuptials.


The newly wed couple was in red attire.  My cousin husband is a retired Malaysian Royal Navy and he is from Kudat, Sabah, East Malaysia. 


The mild sea breeze made our lunch much more pleasant.


The best thing I did after meal  was sleeping.



For the young generation it was a casual talk to strengthen the family ties.


My nephew was asking my grandson to join him for a swim.


My subsequent  visit was more merrier because my brother and his family managed to join the habitual family gathering.   By that time around there was a new member to the family,  It was my grandson.



CIAO







http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my

No comments:

Post a Comment