Monday, June 15, 2015

RETREAT AND RECHARGE AT JANDA BAIK


A Family Gathering


http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my

Last weekend we spend two nights and three days in the tropical forest highlands of Pahang.  To be specific it is Kampung Janda Baik,  about 40 km from Bentong, Pahang.   It's about 159 km from my home town  Tapah, Perak.


Janda Baik is a confluence of two rivers ie Sg Benus and Sg Cheringing.  It's about  10 km from R n R Genting Sempah.  Just follow the road sign to Janda Baik. 


Here is one of the best place to bring your family for picnic and frolic in the fresh water stream.  The water is crystal clear and pretty cool. 



Bathing in this flowing mountain stream will clean your dulled and clouded aura.   Bathing in sea, river and lake are aura cleansing therapy.   Of course there are other means of aura cleansing.  Hope I can share with you in my forthcoming chat.


It's " makan " time .  The chalet operator provide ample shade, and a barbecue stove for us to grill,  Grill whatever you wish let it be  lamp, chicken or fish.



After the meal I went for fishing just behind my chalet,    This time around it's not fruits season otherwise I can enjoy the local fruits durian, rambutans, dokong, cempedak and many other misc fruits.


Feeding the fish were the least thing my wife and her sister could do in the evening.


I really loved the experience of a village life here.  The natural rainforest located at about 1500ft 4500 ft above sea level.  Midnight temperature is below 22c.   My second night without the symphony of nocturnal creatures because of the night long rain, none the least I can hear the song of the toads.


It's very delightful and pleasant stay in Janda Baik.  I hope to come again.  But not in a rainy season because the chances of fallen trees.  My home going journey was delayed due the fallen tree at the  foothills of Janda Baik.


.








No comments:

Post a Comment