Wednesday, June 10, 2015

BORNEO

TRIP TO SARAWAK



I was born in Perak,  a well known tin ore producing state of Malaysia.  Sarawak is part of Malaysia located on the Island of Borneo bordering Kalimantan a province of Indonesia.  There are two ways to go to Sarawak from  Perak either by air or by sea. 

http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my

I took a budget flight to Kuching the capital of Sarawak.  The flight took  about 1hr 13mins covering 977 km from Kuala Lumpur.
A visit to Long House is a must if you visited Sarawak. 

Here I met a Sape maker.  Sape is a traditional musical instrument.  You can see  the glimpse of Sape in early stage of completion in the background.    He told me some time ago he did  played the Sape in the Royal Palace of Perak's Sultan.  Wow that's marvelous opportunity.
My new friend  ethnic Penan.
Look at the staircase to the attic,  just a tree trunk, how fabulous.

A farewell picture with the Long House beauties.
If you wish to have living museum about the culture of ethnics of Sarawak such as Iban, Bidayuh, Melanau, Orang Ulu, Malay, Chinese and Indian do visit Sarawak Cultural Village.  It's 35 km from Kuching at the foothills of the legendary Mount Santubong.

To be continued


http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my

No comments:

Post a Comment