Friday, August 14, 2015

Lumut has had a facelift.

Lumut revisited.


http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my

Twenty years ago I often came to Lumut on business itinerary.  Last month I revisited  Lumut.  To my surprise it's went through an interesting facelift.   Notably the landscape decoration. 
http://www.tourism.gov.my/en/my



This coastal town of west Peninsular Malaysia was only known for the site of  Royal Malaysian Navy Base.  But at present Lumut has a biggest naval shipbuilder in Malaysia,  Bousted Naval Shipyard.



Lumut waterfront is not that extensive and diversified such as Kuching Waterfront in Sarawak.  This town will be your last fetch for souvenirs and dried seafood products.



Lumut is the getway to Pangkor Island.  Public ferries are available from Lumut Jetty Terminal to Pangkor Island on an hourly basis.   Pangkor Island is well known resort island.   In Pangkor Island you can visit the historical relics such as Dutch Fort build in the 17th century, the Inscription Stone and the famous local tale about the Tiger Rock.  Others tourist attraction are the dry fish factory, fish farm and temples.



No comments:

Post a Comment